The 3 strategic directions of the school are:
- Holistic Education
- Staff Excellence
- Partnership with sponsors
- Holistic education provides emotional, social, physical, artistic, creative and spiritual potentials. It actively engages students in the teaching/learning process and encourages personal and collective responsibility.
- is a quest for understanding and meaning. Its aim is to nurture healthy, whole, curious persons who can learn whatever they need to know in any new context. By introducing students to a holistic view of the planet, life on Earth, and the emerging world community, holistic strategies enable students to perceive and understand the various contexts which shape and give meaning to life.
- recognizes the innate potential of EVERY student for intelligent, creative, systemic thinking.
- recognizes that all knowledge is created within a cultural context and that the "facts" are seldom more than separate academic disciplines. Holistic education encourages learners to critically approach the cultural, moral and political contexts of their lives.
- values spiritual literacy (in a non-sectarian sense). Spirituality is a state of connectedness to all life, honoring diversity in unity. It is an experience of being, belonging and caring. It is sensitivity and compassion, joy and hope. It is the harmony between the inner life and the outer life.
Our staff has well dedicated teachers who have always manifested the desire to take one step behind for reaching student's academic growth. At The Institution Chrétienne D'Haïti we side by side with our pedagogues to promote the following:
- A commitment to innovation and creativity in teaching.
- Excellence in addressing the government's content standards.
- Positive leadership among peers.
- High personal and professional standards.
- A commitment to the belief that "all students can learn."
- A willingness to take risks in pursuit of educational excellence.
Partnership with sponsors
We believe that all children should receive an education, because education is the best means of achieving stability and safeguarding against extremist ideologies. Education is also a source of joy and inspiration and an end unto itself. We believe that Haitian children are victims of circumstances beyond their control, and that one of the ways to ameliorate the past injustices that they have suffered is to provide them with an education. Education is a source of social and economic advancement as well as a vehicle for teaching children to be good citizens.
We have provided adequate scholarships to students based on academic achievement. However, we would like with your help provide more scholarhips on a broad based surface.
For the year 2007, the Haitian government has provided 8% from its national budget in education while other countries are putting aside 25 to 32% to assure proper investment in human capital. It is a sheer sign that education is not a priority in a country with 60% of illiteracy. Sponsoring a child in education is one of the greatest gifts one can provide for the advancement of his country in the global world. We will welcome any organization that is willing to provide scholarship and any potential assistance to our students based on different standards.